When you are using a laminate floor that means, you have considered budget-friendly flooring. Besides, it seems durable and easy to maintain. On the other hand, it is a great alternative to the wooden floor. However, it is a compressed formation of wood hence, one may apply less effort for cleaning. But what about steam mopping, and is it a good surface for this cleaning process or not?
To sort out this answer, you need to read this article. Also, we will sort out and let you know the best steam mop for laminate floors. Based on your budget and preference, you can find yours
What’s the Best Way to Clean Laminate Floors?
Many people earlier depend on the DIY cleaning solutions which are an old-fashioned process, this requires mixing vinegar and water which eventually come as the best laminate floor cleaning solution.
However, this old-school process is no longer in use. People are now more conscious to avoid chemical substances. Instead of using these, the steam mop cleaner would be the best choice for laminate floors as it is safer, better and easy to use.
Benefits of Using The Best Mop For Laminate Floors
Using the best mop for laminate floors is the best thing you can do right now. But why it is, and how it will benefit you? Here are some insights into that
- When you will be using the microfiber mops that will clean almost 99.99% of dirt and grimes, which others can’t do so
- Using steam mop allows to remove stains from the floor and bring the original color
- Normally, the laminate floor tends to get scratches when scrubbing, you can eliminate those scratches with gentle pressurized mop cleaner
- A steam mop is more versatile than its competitors, and for that, it is ideal for laminate floors
- A steam mop can cover a large area but it takes less effort, the sophisticated features help the user to do so
Note: A guide has been written on Are steam mops worth it over a Regular Mops? will be good for you and will add value to you.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Steam Mop For Laminate Floor Reviews
- 1. Comfyer Vapor Steam Mop – Steam Mop For Laminate Floors
- 2. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop – Steamer For Laminate Floors
- 3. SKG 1500W Powerful Hot Steam Mops – Steam Cleaner For Laminate Floors
- 4. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop – Floor Mop For Laminate Floors
- 5. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner – Steam Mop For Laminate Wood Flooring
- How to choose the right steam mop for laminate floors?
Top 5 Steam Mop For Laminate Floor Reviews
Choosing the Best steam cleaner for laminate floors requires to know some in-depth scenarios. Here we sorted out the best steam mop for laminate floors.
1. Comfyer Vapor Steam Mop – Steam Mop For Laminate Floors
Comfyer Vapor Steam Mop comes with the powerful heated steam, all you need to do is to simply press the power button, and it will come into action. It is quite fast then it’s competitors as it takes just 15 seconds and quickly let the water dry in 20 seconds.
You can adjust the steam mode to go to a different intensity level. The water tank takes 400ml water which ensures 30 minutes of runtime for the deep and thorough cleaning apartment. In order to apply flexible cleaning, you will get the mopping head 180° to take turns, and the 26 feet power cord will deliver you high performance.
No worries to replace the pads, as it comes with the three washable microfiber pads, and also effective to the carpet cleaning. Last but not least, it comes with the intelligent steam control that keeps 70°~90° angle from the floor for 15 seconds
Comfyer Vapor Main Features:
- It comes with the powerful heated steam that eliminates 99.9% of dust, stains, and allergen
- The steam modes are easily adjustable which will need your different needs to turn on the different intensity of cleaning mode
- It comes with 180° Flexible mopping head and 26 feet power cord which ensure better mobility
- The intelligent steam control run it while 45-degree angle and stop in between 70 to 90 degrees
- You can replace the pads and carpet glider when it is necessary, and those are washable microfiber
2. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop – Steamer For Laminate Floors
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY is renowned for its multifunctional ability while steaming, furthermore, it comes with the detachable handheld unit as well. Therefore, it is user-friendly and versatile for all floor surfaces. The good thing is you can easily settle the mode from HI, MED and LOW steam therefore, it seems perfect regardless of laminate to the stone floor.
It is a perfect win against the dirt and grime because it can generate 110°C of hot steam, and remove stains and sticky mess as quickly as possible. You can easily use it with distilled or tap water. The advanced feature that brings our attention is to have the intuitive smart switch that prevents steaming while it remains in the upright position
Later on, this is brilliantly designed for becoming more responsive in regards to heat up. Therefore, it takes just 30 seconds for instant heating up, and reduce the chances of greasing while it remains dry without steak. It is comparatively better secure for pets, children and yoga lovers.
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multifunctional Steam Main Features:
- It takes 30 seconds for fast heat up and reduces all the grease or messes as quickly as possible
- Easy to change the intense mode from Hi, Med or low, and allow all floor surface
- It comes with the intuitive smart switch so you will remain safe even drop it down at the upright position
- It comes with the detachable head parts like 3pcs of microfiber mop pads and 2pcs of grout cleaner with a jet nozzle
- The jet nozzle seems perfect to get an easy reach even the tightest corners like showerheads, refrigerator frost, kitchen, and bathroom.
- It has a pressurized system that generates up to 110°C hot steam to remove stains and sticky mess
3. SKG 1500W Powerful Hot Steam Mops – Steam Cleaner For Laminate Floors
Want to grab the powerful steam mop that can generate like 212F hot steaming? Then you must come to know about SKG 1500W Steam Mop, which won’t give you a hard time as it has 180 degrees triangle head, for that it is easy to handle. More features await to give you ease, especially the 6 in 1 multi-function design.
More importantly, the whole operation seems to your multifunctional even deal with the stone mop. The pads are from a washable microfiber so you won’t have a hard time to wash out. Finally, this steam cleaner handle is easy to fold so you can keep it without taking up much space.
It comes with the variable speed like HI, MED and MED to LOW steam, and applicable for various floor surfaces. The versatility of it also surprising with different attachments like you may have 1x microfiber attachments.
SKG 1500W Main Features:
- It comes with the powerful steaming that rise up to 212F hot steam
- The smart digital setting gives you the ease of setting between low to max steam controlling
- It instantly heats up and takes up to 30 seconds and then eliminates almost 99.9% of harmful substance-using natural power streaming
- It requires minimalistic physical effort for having swiveling mop head and lightweight construction
- No worries to change the pad as 1x washable microfiber pad included
4. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop – Floor Mop For Laminate Floors
Bissel introduced with the best mop to clean laminate floors as it is effective for both harsh hardwood to laminate, all you need to do is to change the mode. It comes with the angle tool, grout tool, bristle scrub brush, and flat scraper tool, all of them ensure ultimate cleaning experience.
Besides the versatile tool kit, all of them easy to attach with the extension wand or handheld steamer. The main focus is the swivel steering that ensures easy storage and getting access to the tight spaces.
After intense cleaning, you will find your surface fully free from bacteria and germs. The manufacturer keeps the width of the cleaning path just accurate which is 13 inches. We recommend you to apply the white pads for everyday cleaning and the scrubby pads are for dealing with sticky messes.
BISSELL PowerFresh Main Features:
- it has a 3 in 1 steam mop that helps to clean the surface at different angles and modes.
- Swivel steering confirms to go across the tough corners, and easy to wall mounting
- It is fully adjustable with any type of surface including hardwood, linoleum, granite, ceramic and marble
- The tool kit comes with the portability so you can carry while cleaning
- The jet nozzle seems perfect to get an easy reach even the tightest corners
5. Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner – Steam Mop For Laminate Wood Flooring
Shark Steam Pocket Mop especially comes for the hard floor cleaner as it has an immersive swivel steering, and the water tank capacity is good to go as well. It can bring a large surface in one place, as it has a 20-inch power cord, and you can quickly release it for safe and easy storage.
The main attention of it is to have the natural mopping and get inside to the hard to reach corners. More importantly, it heats up in just 30 seconds and immediately takes into action. The sanitization process is up to 99.9 percent for that it can kill almost all the bacteria in your laminate floor or any surface.
Soft grip handle and washable 2 microfibers make it easier cleaner. Lastly, the shark steam would be the ultimate winner in this game which allows to clean even the sealed surface, also great for breaking down the tough messes. Check out best steam cleaner for mattress
Shark Steam Pocket Mop Main Features:
- Shark Steam Pocket Mop comes with the 20″ power cord that helps to kick out almost 99.9% of dirt and grime
- Allows natural mopping and easily heat up instantly, and takes just 30 seconds only
- It comes with the 2 washable microfiber pads that easy to lift and lock and eliminate the messy mops
- Applicable for the sealed or glazed hard surface and easily break down the tough messes using detachable parts
How to choose the right steam mop for laminate floors?
There is so many steam mop out there, and more or less all of them multi-functional and effective. But there are some other things to know, so let’s figure out them from below.
- Figure out the surface:
The first thing you need to do is to find the surface and measure it. Here you need to figure out how big is the floor surface and which would be the best floor steam cleaner for laminate floors. Besides, you need to sort out whether you are using it for only the laminate floor or not. When you can figure out these, then you can easily choose the best one
You may clean the surface using any mop cleaner, not necessarily all of them come with quality parts. Besides, a good mop will able to kick out all the grimy dirt along with the stubborn germs from your household.
You must not look for a cleaner that is hard to use instead of that, a cleaner requires to reach between the tight corners. The best thing for that is to become lightweight and friendly to use. Last but not least the maneuverability and simplicity is the best selling point, that you need to consider.
- Reputed brand:
Whenever you are going to buy any steam mop never compromise with the good brands. It always pays off, and it helps to distinguish between the worst. Furthermore, you will have a good warranty as well.
The ability of them may come to deem after certain days later, and the steam mop for laminate wood floors will last longer. This is called the integrated feature of an ideal steam mop cleaner.
More or less every steam cleaner comes with an eco-friendly feature, for that you can easily clean out the system avoiding the harmful chemical substance. So, when you come to know your steam cleaner meets that demand, only if think about it.
How to use a steam cleaner for laminate floors?
You don’t need to go through a whole article to learn how to use a steam cleaner. There is only just a simple precaution you need to know, and the rest of the process seems so easy. When dealing with the laminate floor, you may not worry about the tear or damage, which is the main reason to have it.
However, there are some hacks to use them, when you will apply the steam mop make sure you have filled the tank with the fullest level of water. Afterward, turn on the start and there you will find the different modes of intensity like from Hi to low.
For your Laminate floor, we recommend you to start with the low mode and then move on to a higher intensity level. But keep in mind when you switch on to the HI mode then make sure it is only for the tight corners or remove the stains only.
For the regular usage, the best process would be don’t heat and run frequently, take time and let the system for heating up. Then you can further apply it on your laminate surface. Washable microfiber will help you to replace it with another and for that, you don’t need to worry about messy mopping at all.
Frequently asked questions:
Are steam mops safe for laminate floors?
Steam mops are not only a safe choice but also the safest one, as it minimizes the scratches, treats well especially for laminate floors
are steam mops good for laminate floors?
Steam mops designed for all sorts of floor surface including laminate also, all you need to do is to turn it on to the correct intense mode of cleaning
can steam mops damage laminate floors?
There are a few chances to do so, as it is proactive cleaner and automatically turns the system off when goes to the upright position.
can you use a steam mop for laminate floors?
You can use a steam mop for laminate floors because it is multi-functional, easy to adapt with the laminate floor and go across to the hard to reach corners
How often should you mop laminate floors?
It actually depends on how dirty is your floor. However, normally you should mop your laminate floor every two weeks later.
Final remarks :
We are almost done here and now at the bottom line of this review. You may have sorted out yours, and now let us show you which one is the best steam mop for laminate floors. From our consideration, we choose Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner. It has powerful steam the best in the business for delivering natural mopping motion. Why we choose this have some reasons.
First of all, it comes with a long cord-like 20 feet for the fully laminate surface coverage. Secondly, it provides the sanitization with instant steaming power, as a result, it can reduce almost 99.9% of germs, dirt and grimes. More importantly, it is easy to use with the washable pads, and when you grab it the grip feels so flexible and turns to 180 degrees.
The main reason why we choose your laminate floor is to have immersive cleaning that can kick out the maximum allergens in a natural way.