The answer is yes; I can steam clean a futon mattress. But, cleaning mattresses can be hard. Besides, most of the people don’t know to properly clean them. At the same time, they don’t know which things to use. So, I am sharing this article for those people who can easily follow these methods and household things to clean their futon mattress without any issues.
How to Clean Futon Mattress without Removing the Cover?
Let’s talk about the steps, but before that, take a look at what you will need for this method, which are trash bags, water, steam cleaner, spray bottle, bleach, latex or rubber gloves, paper towels, and a face mask.
- The first thing that you need to do is to protect and cover yourself with facemask and rubber gloves so that you don’t inhale any virus or harmful germs.
- After that, make a solution by mixing one and a half cups of bleach with one gallon of water.
- You need to spray the solution that you made on all the hard surfaces like frame and railings. Then use a clean paper towel for further cleaning. But, you need to make sure to dispose of all the towels in the trash bag.
- Now, comes the cover and the mattress, you can clean that with the steam clean. You can use a shampoo or commercial disinfectant. Just lay the mattress of your flat and work on the entire side.
- You have to moisten the mattress before moving it. That will help you to clean all the dust and dirt with the steam cleaner.
- Flip the mattress and work on the other side.
- Set the mattress in a good place so that it can be completely dry out.
- Dispose of all the paper towels and seal the trash bag.
- Disinfect the gloves carefully during taking off when cleaning is over.
- After removing the gloves, you have to wash your hands with antibacterial soap.
How to Clean Futon Mattress with Vinegar?
Vinegar is very beneficial when it comes to cleaning and other stuff. You can use this substance to clean your mattress with these steps:
- At first, you have to mix a cup of vinegar with four cups of water.
- Then use a clean sponge that doesn’t contain any dirt or dust. Dip that sponge on that mixture.
- After dipping it, the sponge will absorb the mixture. But, you have to squeeze the sponge to remove the excess solution.
- Now, clean the area that you thing is dirty with the sponge.
- It’s time to wash the sponge with clean water and again dab the dirty area with the sponge. It’s because of getting rid of the vinegar smell.
- After that, you need to take your mattress outdoor for drying. Sun and the fresh air will clean the remaining vinegar.
- Check carefully if any soggy area is remaining on the futon mattress.