Leather is an expensive material that makes clothes, furniture, shoes or seat luxury and beautiful. But after several weeks, they become grimy. So, you have to clean your leather items properly in the right way to keep them beautiful and long-lasting. As water is not suitable for leather, cleaning leather items with water is not the right decision. However, you can use a steam cleaner to steam clean leather properly. So, when you know the proper use of this tool on your leather couch and furniture, you can efficiently clean them without much effort.
Why do you steam clean leather?
A steam cleaner is an excellent tool for cleaning purpose. It works without using any chemical. For this reason, the lifespan of the application will not reduce by steam cleaning. Besides, steam clean removes the dirt and germs efficiently than other cleaning processes. You can use a steam cleaner for leather fabric. Though water is not suitable for leather, steam cleaner has unique settings that allow you to control steam while cleaning. So, for deep clean of leather furniture and items with a steam cleaner is not harmful. But if you try the traditional way to clean your leather items, you need to use water. And water will damage your things quickly. So, instead of using direct water on leather furniture or shoes, I think using a steam cleaner is better.
So, when you sit idle at home and do not want to call for a professional cleaning service, you can steam clean your leather furniture by yourself.
How to steam clean leather properly?
Steam cleaning for a leather interior or furniture is the best way to remove all the dirt and stains properly. Using water directly and using a steam cleaner on leather upholstery is quite different. So, steam is actually useful to clean your leather couch or furniture. It not only cleans but also makes the application fresh and germ-free. To steam clean the leather furniture, you can follow the steps below:
- To clean the leather surface correctly, you need a professional high-end steam cleaner. But they are quite expensive. So, it is better to rent a steam cleaner from a rental centre.
- Before steam clean lather furniture like sofa, you need to remove all the things such as book, cushion, etc.
- If you want, you can use a vacuum cleaner to remove the loosen dirt from the leather surface. Then prepare a mixture of one part vinegar and one part linseed oil. Now take a cloth to wipe the furniture with the mixture. Then let it dry.
- After one hour, you can use your steam cleaner to steam clean the leather furniture. Now select an area and start steam cleaner on this area. It is better to start from the back part of the furniture and circularly clean with the steam cleaner attachment.
- Then clean the inside part. After completing the clean, turn on the ceiling fan and open the windows to dry the leather quickly.
Follow the steps carefully to steam clean leather properly. But do not use a cheaper machine will less power. Besides, steam clean regularly is not recommended for leather. So, steam clean leather items occasionally.